Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Papaya Grove Strikes Again!

I keep being amazed by my Papaya grove. Every once in a while another one sprouts! It's seriously been 7 months since I first planted the seeds. It took about 4 months for them to first spout. I took this picture of another newcomer yesterday:
Papaya Grove Newcomer

Isn't that amazing? These are some of the most fascinating plants I've ever grown from seed. I love growing things from seed, by the way. It's so rewarding, but when they die... :( it makes me SO sad. I'm worried about this little Papaya grove I have. It has white powdery mold and I can't get rid of it. I'll be taking home some spray to see if I can help that today. Let me know if you know of any other ways to get rid of the dreadful stuff.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Missy, I am surprised with the struggle you have with papaya. Perhaps your weather is unsuitable. Over here, I get fruits in a few months. They are especially healthy if I plant them next to a compost pile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Papaya? It is so exotic for me! Good luck with your sprouts! Interesting info about powdery mildew is here:
    http://organicgardening.about.com/od/diseases/p/PowderyMildew.htm
    They say it hates water!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One, it gets too cold here for me to grow them outside. I'm growing them as a house plant. :)

    Tatyana, that's interesting. Thank you for the link. I'll have to give it a try. I get powdery mildew on my African Violets too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is most rewarding to grow something from seed and yes, sad when they leave us, sigh...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails