Friday, September 17, 2010

Crayon Art

A few years ago, I did this Crayon Art from a picture my sister took. The picture is the trees up our walk way at work. Here's the original photo:
Original Photo

Here's the Crayon Art I did:
Crayon Art

I know it's not the greatest thing ever, but I love crayons for art. Crayola is the only brand to buy. I have a big box of something like 300 crayons which I need to get out more often. Silhouette pictures like this one are my favorites. Do you draw, color, paint, or do art of any kind? I'd love to see pictures of them if you do. You could post them on your blog and leave me the link here if you'd like. :)

7 comments:

  1. I totally agree. I'm in my 40's, and crayons are still my medium of choice. There's nothing like getting a brand new box of Crayolas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Totally wouldn't guess that was crayon, either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I used to paint a lot, then tried my hand at colored pencils. I think my favorite is oil pastels, they're kind of like crayons. :) Thanks for sharing! I'll come back when I post some art and share it with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! Looks so real....Fantastic job! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Missy,
    I love crayons and pastel crayons, but have not done a lot of this kind of artwork. In the future I would love to use them more. Two of my favorite artists are Degas (French) and Mary Cassatt (American), who both used pastel Crayons to great effect.
    P.S. I love your asters below!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool, makes me want to get my grandson's crayons out. Nice work! Good flower shots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's lovely. I like watercolour but has not painted in decades. My daughter likes crayon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails