My impatiens plant has a terrible problem with spider mites. I've been fighting them for a long time. I've sprayed them several times. I haven't been feeling well, so it kind of got neglected and almost all the leaves died. You can see in this picture here that the poor thing looks...very sad:
Here's a close up of the little buggers web:
The little white specks are the nasty critters. I decided it was time to get really serious with the things. You'd think I could have come up with a nicer way to do it. The plant was really struggling anyway, but they're about as hardy a plant as ever I've grown. I tipped it over the sink and sprayed it all down:
I got it from every side corner and angle I could think of. You can see that it washed almost all the leaves off. They were dead anyway.
Here's a close up between the branches showing where all the mites were washed away:
It has been a couple weeks since I did all that. I'll take pictures of it now and share them with you another day. About my health, I'm waiting for a referral to visit with a Rheumatologist. Because my blood work didn't show anything really obvious, my regular doctor doesn't want to put me on anything without a for certain diagnosis.